Intellect Resources is looking for a Full Time Direct Hire MRI Technologist for a client located in the Metropolitan Charlotte area. This position comes with an excellent benefit package, relocation assistance and competitive pay. The MRI Technologist will perform procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Operates MRI Scanners and associated equipment with a high level of proficiency. This equipment includes scanner, post processing stations/programs, IV contrast injectors, O2 and suction equipment, patient transport, and patient monitoring equipment.
- Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient. Refers and questions orders to the Radiologist before performing exam.
- Contacts ordering provider when there are discrepancies. Properly identify (Using two patient identifiers) and assist patients while offering a brief explanation of the procedures. Prepares patients for the procedure with a full explanation and documents on appropriate worksheets.
- Interviews patients for a complete medical history. Reviews in-patients, ER, and outpatients EMR’s to obtain pertinent clinical history. Records medical history on requisitions.
- Correlates other test results and laboratory data with exam being performed. Assumes responsibility for the exam from beginning of exam until completion of dictated results. Prepares and administers IV contrast according to departmental protocols.
- Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a Radiologist if needed. Recognizes abnormal anatomy and processes any additional, reconstructed images, and/or measurements as instructed. Performs basic patient care functions. Informs appropriate nursing personnel of any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Performs MRI scanning and assists Physicians/PA during invasive procedures. Practices proper sterile technique in the preparation of necessary supplies. Performs all invasive procedures in accordance with bloodborne pathogens, isolation, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Operates radiology computer system to include entering orders and charging procedures/supplies. Maintains knowledge of all MRI safety requirements for both staff and patients while in and around magnetic fields
- Graduate of an accredited two-year AMA approved program in Radiologic or Nuclear Medicine Technology or active enrollment in a ARMRIT or ARRT registry eligible program required.
- ARRT certification in Radiologic Technology, ARRT or NMTCB for Nuclear Medicine with advanced registry from the ARMRIT or ARRT in MRI required within one year of hire.
- CPR certification required through AHA